In India, Iran and Turkey poppy seeds are known as khaskhas or haşhaş and are considered highly nutritious, mostly added in dough while baking bread In Indian cuisine, white poppy seeds are added for thickness, texture and also give added flavor to the recipe. Commonly used in the preparation of korma, ground poppy seed, along with coconut and other spices, are combined as the masala to be added at the end of the cooking step. It is quite hard to grind them when raw, so they are normally dry fried, and then mixed with a little water to get the right paste consistency.
- Poppy seed, it’s not only used for tasting the food. It’s a cold remedies . And also be careful; if you take lot of this, you will get unconscious stage.
- For non stop crying child, take some poppy seed, grind it well. Then apply it around the belly.
- Take 10 grams of poppy seed, 1 cup of neem leaves and 1 pieces of turmeric. Grind it well. Then apply on your chicken pox marks. If you do this, chicken pox marks will be reducing.
- If you have loose motion, take some poppy seed, chew and eat it. Then drink the water. Your loose motion is cure.
- Poppy seeds are highly nutritious, and less allergenic than many other seeds and nuts. poppy seeds are a potential source of anti-cancer drugs.
- In Indian traditional medicine (Ayurveda), soaked poppy seeds are ground into a fine paste with milk and applied on the skin as a moisturizer. Poppy seeds are pressed to form poppy seed oil, a valuable commercial oil that has multiple culinary, industrial, and medicinal uses.
While we hear the “Neem”, we are remembering, its fully bitter taste. In fact, we can’t say about those benefits. Neem leaves, neem flowers, neem bark, neem seed and neem fruit, every part of the neem tree is used for its medicinal value. It is called ‘the village pharmacy’. Neem products are believed to be anthelmintic, antifungal, antidiabetic, antibacterial, antiviral, contraceptive and sedative.The Ayurvedic and Unani systems of medicine use the properties of neem in all their treatments.
The chemical compounds that have been identified and scientists feel that there are many more compounds yet to be identified in neem. Other then sodium, potassium, salts, it contains chloriphyle, calcium, phosphorus, iron, thiamine, riboflasium, nicocin, vitamin C, carotene, and oxalic acid. The chemicals classified are:
- Nimbin: anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic, anti-histamine, anti-fungal
- Nimbidin: anti-bacterial, anti-ulcer, analgesic, anti-arrhythmic, anti-fungal
- Ninbidol: anti-tubercular, anti-protozoan, anti-pyretic
- Gedunin: vasodilator, anti-malarial, anti-fungal
- Sodium nimbinate: diuretic, spermicide, anti-arthritic
- Quercetin: anti-protozoal
- Salannin: insect repellent
- Azadirachtin: insect repellent, anti-feedant, anti-hormonal
Other chemicals that form its therapeutic value are:
- Limonoids, Terpenoids and steroids, Tetranortarpenoids, Fatty acid derivatives like margosinone and margosinolone
- Coumarins like scopoletin, dihydrosocoumarins, Hydrocarbons like docosane, pentacosane, hetacosane, octacosane etc.
- Sulphur compounds, Phenolics, Flavonoglycosides and Tannins
Medicinal purposes of NEEM:
- The neem (Azadirachta Indica) is an important part of life in India. Neem to react against virus. So, it is used to treat chicken pox. It controls the spread of chicken pox.
- In beginning stage of Elephantiasis disease, Neem has a capacity to control the swelling of elephantiasis. Take some neem bark, crush it and make its decoction. Then drink it continuously 48 days in the morning. According to the doctor consultation, If you drink it continuously, reduce the swelling of elephantiasis.
- Eczema is common and attack the child. Neem oil is the best solution for this skin disease. We can apply on the skin. And also neem oil product from all types of skin diseases. Because, neem has antibacterial and antiviral properties. Dysmenorrhoea or painful menstruation is a common problem affecting many women. For this problem, neem oil is used for internal medicine.
- It is an excellent anti malarial remedy. Neem is also used for treating fevers as it has antipyretic properties. In siddtha medicine, neem bark decoction used to cure the fever. And also Neem bark Sooranam gives to the patient by the siddtha doctors.
Hyperthermia is the general name given to a variety of heat-related illnesses. Warm weather and outdoor activity go hand in hand. However, it is important for older people to take action to avoid the severe health problems often caused by hot weather.
Hyperthermia occurs when body metabolic heat production or environmental heat load exceeds normal heat loss capacity or when there is impaired heat loss.
- Drinking alcohol/smoking
- Lifestyle factor
- Heat stress
- Heat fatigue
- Heat syncope
- Heat cramps
- Heat exhaustion
- Heat stroke
Hyperthermia is generally diagnosed in the presence of an unexpectedly high body temperature and a history that suggests hyperthermia instead of a fever. Some prevention methods for hyperthermia
- Drink 2 to 3 quarts of water daily.
- Avoid exertion or exercise, especially during the hottest part of the day.
- If traveling, allow 2 to 3 weeks in an unusually hot climate before attempting any type of exertion.
- When outside, wear a hat and loose clothing; when indoors, remove as much clothing as needed to be comfortable.
- Take a tepid bath or shower.
- Use cold wet towels or dampen clothing with tepid water when the heat is extreme.
- Avoid hot, heavy meals.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Determine if the person is taking any medications that increase hyperthermia risk; if so; consult with the patient’s physician.
Take some tamarind immature leaves, clean and cook with lentil. Then take with your food often.
Common eye diseases: Most of us will experience temporary eye problems from time to time, including itching, blurriness or fatigue. Most of these eye problems are short-lived and will probably go away on their own with no complications.
- Eye Allergies
- High body heat
- Watching TV/video games
- Sleeplessness, long driving
- Eye redness
- Itchy eyes
- Tired eyes
- Eye irritation
- Take vitamin A contain foods.
- Add green leaves with your food on a regular basis.
- Avoid long time watching TV/video games.
- Several disorders can cause eye pain. Pain may be felt in or around your eye, and it can be mild or severe. If you have eye pain that is severe or causes decreased vision, seek medical attention immediately.
- Beetroot is a good tonic food for health. It contains carbohydrates, mainly in the form of sugar, and it has a little protein and fat. The beet juice is considered as one of the best vegetable juice. It is a rich source of natural sugar. It contains sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, sulphur, chlorine, iodine, iron, copper, vitamin B1, B2, C and P. This juice is rich in easily digestible carbohydrates, but the calorie content is low. The protein factors and amino acids are good in both quality and quantity.
Take beetroot leaves with your food often.
Anorexia is a serious eating disorder. It can damage your health and even threaten your life.
- Causes of anorexia which are worthless personal feelings, stressful events in life, and cultural influence of the country where the person is living, are situations that can look normal, but that can have deathly consequences.
Anorexia nervosa is a complex eating disorder with three key features:
- refusal to maintain a healthy body weight
- an intense fear of gaining weight
- a distorted body image
- Ask your primary care doctor for a referral. Check with local hospitals.
- Get eating disorder education, Nutritional counseling and Medical monitoring.
- Researchers have proposed the benefits of galangal in certain inflammatory conditions. All these compounds demonstrated inhibitory activities on nitric oxide production in lipopolysaccharide-activated macrophage cell line. Furthermore, these compounds suppressed expression of the inducible NO synthase protein and mRNA. Separately, Japanese researchers prepared 80% aqueous acetone extract of the galangal. This extract was found to contain diarylheptanoids and galangin and it was also able to inhibit nitric oxide (NO) production in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-activated mouse peritoneal macrophages.These findings including results from some other studies are important to understand galangal’s anti-inflammatory activities.UK researchers, showed the anti-cancer activities of galangal extracts.
Take some lesser galangal, make powder it. Then take 1gram or 2grams, mix with honey and eat it twice a day.
Edema refers to non-inflammatory swelling of the body. The swelling may be sometimes localized to the face, legs or abdomen and at times appears throughout the body.
- Blood clot.
- Motor vehicle accidents.
- Swelling of the body.
- Researchers have proposed the benefits of galangal in certain inflammatory conditions. All these compounds demonstrated inhibitory activities on nitric oxide production in lipopolysaccharide-activated macrophage cell line. Furthermore, these compounds suppressed expression of the inducible NO synthase protein and mRNA. Separately, Japanese researchers prepared 80% aqueous acetone extract of the galangal. This extract was found to contain diarylheptanoids and galangin and it was also able to inhibit nitric oxide (NO) production in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-activated mouse peritoneal macrophages.These findings including results from some other studies are important to understand galangal’s anti-inflammatory activities. UK researchers, showed the anti-cancer activities of galangal extracts.
Take some lesser galangal, grind it. Then apply on swelling place.