“Ginger” – this name reminds a spicy taste and a delightful smile. Now a days, ginger is being used all over of world not only for cooking but for the endless health benefits of ginger and its root. If we hate to eat it, then we can take it in our food. If you’d like to know the benefits of ginger, use at least 1 teaspoon of dried ginger or 2 teaspoons of chopped ginger in your diet daily.
- Ginger root contains anti-inflammatory agents.
- Dried Ginger is a good source of potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese and vitamin B6.The nutrients, including carbohydrates, sugar, soluble and insoluble fiber, sodium, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, amino acids and more.
- Ginger eased muscle and joint pain, swelling and stiffness for up to 63 percent of them within two months. Expert’s credit ginger ½s potent compounds called gingerol, which prevents the production of pain-triggering hormones and even induces viability reduction of carcinoma cells.
- Ginger root is used today to provide relief for symptoms of motion sickness including sweating, vomiting, dizziness, and nausea. Drinking ginger tea, helps reduce bilious in our body.
- Ginger helps to kill the virus which causes cold, mucus and cough. It is used for good blood circulation and prevents blood cholesterol. It has stimulation and incitement properties. So it is stimulates our central nervous system for proper working of heart and breathing for the muscles in our body.
- Ginger is also a good medicine for skin disease such as dry skin, scabies etc. Ginger Tea with brown sugar helps reduce menstrual cramps and its juice helps to prevent stomach pain.
- Food digestion is the most important feature of ginger. So it boosts appetite. And also reduces our stomach related problems. If we drink ginger juice mixed with milk, it will help reduce the stomach related issues. It helps to reduce weight.
- If you are having trouble with big belly, ginger helps release your big belly problem. Every day morning, take 2 or 3 spoon of ginger juice. Add honey and heat it. Then drink it in empty stomach. After that drink half glass of hot water.
- Ginger has a capacity to control blood sugar level. It reduces the high blood sugar level. So take 1 table spoon of ginger juice and small onion juice. Mix it. Drink it weekly once in the morning.
- Weekly once you will drink 50ml of ginger juice with honey, will improve immunity power in your body and also increase your body activities.
- Ginger prevents the cholesterol to add in heap part and also reduce it. So you will get the slim body forever. So take 1 piece of ginger, grind it. Mix with buttermilk. Then drink it often.
- While you drink any juices, add 1 spoon of ginger juice and drink it. If you follow this, you don’t worry about your high body weight after your 40s.
- Dried ginger is a good source for all. Dried ginger is better than fresh ginger root. In Tamil medicine dried ginger is called “Mother of medicine”. So dried ginger juice is given to small children. Take some pieces of dried ginger. Add 2 pieces of garlic. Grind with hot water and filter its juice. Then drink it.
- Take 1 or 2 pieces of dried ginger and some coconut pieces. Add 3 nos of long pepper and black pepper. Grind it well. Add 1 or 2 glass of water and add palm sugar to taste. Then boil it 5-10 minutes with sim fire. Off the stove, while its look like a soup. Then drink it. If you drink this often, will reduce your mucus and cough problem.
Ginger and dried ginger does not have any side effects. But high doses may damage the stomach lining and could eventually lead to ulcers. If you suspect an overdose, seek medical attention immediately.
Clove is one of the oldest spices in the world. Clove is an herb. People use the oils, dried flower buds, leaves, and stems to make medicine. Clove goes mainly as an ingredient of a variety of food specialties, beverages, medicines, cosmetics, perfumery and toiletries. Either whole or as a powder, Clove finds extensive application in Indian foods.
- Clove has a so many medical properties. Commonly it has a stimulation and incitement properties. It contains aromaticum with anti-herpesvirus properties.
- The buds have anti-oxidant properties. It’s a good pain reliever and also used for stomach pain, Indigestion. And also it helps to immunometabolism function, organize the blood circulation and manage the body heat.
- Eugenol comprises 72-90% of the essential oil extracted from cloves, and is the compound most responsible for the cloves’ aroma.
- Other important essential oil constituents of clove oil include acetyl eugenol, beta-caryophyllene and vanillin; crategolic acid; tannins, gallotannic acid, methyl salicylate (painkiller); the flavonoids eugenin, kaempferol, rhamnetin, and eugenitin; triterpenoids like oleanolic acid, stigmasterol and campesterol; and several sesquiterpenes. And also we can get clove oil from their buds, leaves and stem.
- If you have vomit sense, take some clove powder, fry it. Then take ½ gram, mix with honey and eat it.
- Clove has a capacity to reduce the diarrhea problem, so if you take 4grams of cloves. Add 3 lit water. Boil it until 3 liter water into 1 liter. Filter and drink it.
- If we eat clove with salt, reduce the throat pain and burning sense. Take some cloves, burn and eat it. It is the best home remedy for your throat block and burning sense.
- Before go to sleep, take 3 drops of clove oil, honey and garlic juice. Mix and eat it. It is reduce your breathlessness due to asthma.
- Take 6 nos of clove. Boil with 30ml of water. Filter and add honey. Then drink it. It is control your asthma problem.
- Mix clove powder with your tooth powder and brushes your teeth regularly. It is reduce your bad breath, Gums swelling and toothache. And also apply clove oil on your anemic gums, it will cure.
- Put one clove into 3-5 drops of sesame oil. Heat it. Then takeout that clove. Then put into your painful ear.
- If you troubling with muscle sprain take some clove oil, apply and massage it. Reduce your muscle sprain pain.
- Grind clove and salt with milk. Then apply on your forehead. It cures headache. It soaks up the water from your head. So you will get relief from headache.
- It cures the allergy on your eye brows. Take some cloves, polish with water. Then apply it.
Although there exists around forty different types of mustard plants, the mustard seeds are primarily derived from three main types of mustard plants. These three plants are black mustard plant, also known as Brassica Nigra; brown Indian mustard, also known as Brassica juncea; and white or yellow mustard also called Brassica Hirta/Sinapis Alba.
- Mustard seeds are rich in a nutrient called selenium, known for its high anti-inflammatory effects. The high source of magnesium in mustard seeds helps reduce the severity of asthma attacks and certain symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and lowering blood pressure.
- Mustard seeds are very rich in calcium, manganese, omega 3 fatty acids, iron, zinc, protein and dietary fiber — include them in your diet.
- Mustard seeds are excellent for digestion because they increase the metabolism rate of your body. Mustard oil is known to be great for the skin because it generates warmth.
- If eat have accidentally consumed poison, then take some mustard seed, grind it. Mix with water. Then drink it, all the poison will be vomited by us.
- If we have a paralysis pain, apply the mustard seed paste on your painful area. It helps reduce pain.
- Take 2 drops of mustard seed oil and sandalwood oil. Mix it. Apply on pimples to reduce it.
- If you are having headache, take ¼ teaspoon of mustard seed, small piece of dried ginger, 5 grams of frankincense. Crush and powder it. Then add some castor oil. Mix it and apply on your forehead to provide relief to the ache.
- Apply some mustard oil on your cracked heel. After that, wash with hot water. If you do this regularly, your cracked heel will be reduced.
- Take 5grams of mustard seed, 1 gall nut, 5 grams of black cumin and some long pepper. Crush and powder it. Then Morning and night after take your food, eat half spoon of this. After that drink half glass of hot water. If you eat regularly, it will reduce your gas trouble problem.
- If you are having back pain, take one ounce of mustard oil and sesame oil. Add one small lesser galangal pieces powder. Then heat it. And also add some camphor powder. Mix it. Then apply it and take bath with hot water. Your back pain will be reduced.
- Take 5 drops of mustard oil and crown flower plant leaves juice. Mix it. Then apply on scorpion sting place, to reduce pain.
- Mustard seed powder and turmeric powder mix with lemon juice. Then apply on your skin, it will help reduce your skin diseases.
- If you have joint pain swelling, take some mustard seed. Add 1 pieces of asafoetida and some bark of the drumstick tree. Grind it. Then apply on your joint pain swelling place, it will cure.
Allium sativum: Commonly known as garlic. Garlic is widely used around the world for its pungent flavor as a seasoning or condiment. Garlic is a fundamental component in many or most dishes of various regions, including eastern Asia, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, northern Africa, southern Europe, and parts of South and Central America. The flavor varies in intensity and aroma with the different cooking methods.
- Garlic (Allium sativum) yields allicin, an antibiotic and antifungal compound (phytoncide).
- It also contains the sulfur-containing compounds alliin, ajoene, diallylsulfide, dithiin, S-allylcysteine, and enzymes, B vitamins, proteins, minerals, saponins, flavonoids, and Maillard reaction products, which are not sulfur-containing compounds.
- Herein, allixin and/or its analogs may be expected useful compounds for cancer prevention or chemotherapy agents for other diseases.
- The composition of the bulbs is approximately 84.09% water, 13.38% organic matter, and 1.53% inorganic matter, while the leaves are 87.14% water, 11.27% organic matter, and 1.59% inorganic matter.
- Garlic has a capacity to increase the sweating and boost the power to our body. It helps to exclude the urine from our body. And also increase mother’s milk. Garlic is also claimed to help prevent heart disease (including atherosclerosis, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure) and cancer.
- If you get muscle sprain, take some garlic cloves and add salt. Crush it. Then apply on your sprain place and do the massage, relieved from sprain.
- Take one garlic pieces, 7 nos of pepper and 9 nos of chili leaves. If eat it twice a day, cold fever is reducing. .
- The person who have troubling with toothache, take 2 or 3 garlic pieces, peel their skin and keep it sometime in your painful tooth.
- Take 4 garlic cloves, crush it. Add milk, honey and sugar candy. Mix it. Then drink it 3hours once. Your dysentery problem will be reducing.
- If you have gas trouble, take 1 or 2 garlic cloves, pepper and some asafoetida. Make powder it and eat it.
- If you have high BP, drink the “Garlic milk” at every day night. Garlic milk means, Take some garlic cloves, boil with milk and mashed it well. Then drink it. If you drink it often your high BP is reduces. If you cure the “Asthma” problem, eat garlic cloves with Solanum trilobatum (Thuthuvalai).
- Its cure the joint pain, bilious and migraine
- It purifies the blood. And give the strength to our brain.
- Raw garlic is very strong, so eating too much could produce problems. Use common sense and don’t overdo it.
In India, Iran and Turkey poppy seeds are known as khaskhas or haşhaş and are considered highly nutritious, mostly added in dough while baking bread In Indian cuisine, white poppy seeds are added for thickness, texture and also give added flavor to the recipe. Commonly used in the preparation of korma, ground poppy seed, along with coconut and other spices, are combined as the masala to be added at the end of the cooking step. It is quite hard to grind them when raw, so they are normally dry fried, and then mixed with a little water to get the right paste consistency.
- Poppy seed, it’s not only used for tasting the food. It’s a cold remedies . And also be careful; if you take lot of this, you will get unconscious stage.
- For non stop crying child, take some poppy seed, grind it well. Then apply it around the belly.
- Take 10 grams of poppy seed, 1 cup of neem leaves and 1 pieces of turmeric. Grind it well. Then apply on your chicken pox marks. If you do this, chicken pox marks will be reducing.
- If you have loose motion, take some poppy seed, chew and eat it. Then drink the water. Your loose motion is cure.
- Poppy seeds are highly nutritious, and less allergenic than many other seeds and nuts. poppy seeds are a potential source of anti-cancer drugs.
- In Indian traditional medicine (Ayurveda), soaked poppy seeds are ground into a fine paste with milk and applied on the skin as a moisturizer. Poppy seeds are pressed to form poppy seed oil, a valuable commercial oil that has multiple culinary, industrial, and medicinal uses.